Utilizing Advanced Logic Technology's latest generation OBI40 Optical Televiewer and a customized logging vehicle, ABIM Solutions can conduct Optical Televiewer wireline surveys in both underground and surface mining operations and civil construction projects.
The OBI40 Optical Televiewer generates an oriented 360 degree image of the borehole wall by way of a CCD camera recording the imaged reflected from a prism. The tool also includes a 3-axis magnetometer and 3 accelerometers that measure accurate Borehole Deviation.
Key advantages of using the OBI40 Optical Televiewer:
- Able to used in dry or air filled holes. Able to used in conjunction with the Acoustic Televiewer with the Acoustic being used below water table and Optical being used above.
- Data has multiple uses geological definition, detection and determination of true bedding plane dip and orientation, determination of fracture frequency and orientation, dip etc.
- Complement core analysis and assist with problems associated with core recovery and core orientation.
- Can also be used as a down hole camera for the inspection of casings etc. ￼￼
Utilising Advanced Logic Technology's latest generation ABI40 Acoustic Televiewer and a customised logging vehicle, ABIM Solutions conducts Acoustic Televiewer wireline surveys in both underground and surface mining operations and civil construction projects.
The ABI40 Acoustic Televiewer generates an image of the drillhole wall by transmitting ultrasound pulses from a rotating sensor and recording the amplitude and travel time of the signals reflected from the drillhole wall. Data is transferred back to the surface via a wireline in real time.
The tool is ideal for geological definition, geotechnical rock mass characterisation, determination of fracture frequency and orientation and primary stress orientation.
Key advantages of using the ABI40 Acoustic Televiewer:
- Measurement of every structure - 1.5mm wide acoustic beam can produce sub-millimetre fracture measurements
- Data has multiple uses - geological definition, geotechnical rock mass characterisation, determination of fracture frequency and orientation, primary stress orientation etc.
- Full structural log of each hole in digital format
- Digital data acquisition - manual data transformation errors eliminated
- Logs can be calibrated to give rock strength and RMR values
- Highly accurate, orientated, calliper measurements for breakout analysis - 0.1mm resolution
The Acoustic Televiewer is a complementary tool to core logging for geotechnical purposes. The information provided by the televiewer can supplement the data from conventional geological core to provide a better understanding of structural conditions.
the best technology,
the best people